The whole learning Chinese thing is just a gimmick and fad.
- Time is not worth it 5 years. You could qualify to be a lawyer, you could learn many computer coding languages, you could get your phd,
- China does not need you
- You may cross the linguistic divide, but not the cultural
- Why would anyone give you a job when there are so many Chinese people that speak English way better, and will have a more easier time establishing connections. You will face an uphill competition with Chinese people or Asians.
- Be prepared to see an 80% reduction in salary.
- How much money are you really going to get from it?
- Most people quit
If you still want to learn Chinese despite all this. Please learn another skill emphasis on another skill.