- Jeddah Tower – Jeddah Tower is currently under construction in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, scheduled to be completed in 2019. It will be the first building to exceed 1,000 metres (3,300 ft) with a planned height of 1,007 metres (3,304 ft). Once completed it will become the tallest building and tallest freestanding structure in the world.
Cost $1.23 billion
2. Burj Khalifa – 2,722 feet
Cost – $1.5 billion
3. Suzhou Zhongnan 729 m (2,392 ft) Suzhou, China
Cost – $4.46 billion
4. Wuhan Greenland Center 2,085 Wuhan, China
Cost – $4.5 billion
4. KL 118 (2,083-foot) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5. Shanghai Tower 2,072 feet Shanghai, China
Hudson Spire 2,000 feet
6. Abraj Al Bait Clock Tower 1,971 Mecca, Saudi Arabia
7. Ping An Finance Center 1,965 Shenzhen, China
8. Goldin Finance Center 1,959 Tianjin, China
9. Baoneng Shenyang Global Finance Center 1,854 Shenyang, China
10. Lotte Tower 1,821 ft Seoul, South Korea
11. Freedom Tower 1,776 +1,792 Tip
Half of the World’s tallest buildings will be in China
There will be no tall buildings from Africa. This is something every African should be angry about.
How well you are able to build tall and magnificent buildings demonstrate how smart, wealthy, and modern your society is.
Africa should at least try to build one 1,800 ft supertall. It would probably cost $1-2 billion dollars but it would be worth it.
Best cities for it
Dar Es Salaam
(Maybe a freestanding structure for Accra)