China is rather exotic and sometimes it’s almost impossible to understand Chinese people. Maybe these 20 facts will help you understand the country better.
1. Rich people in China can hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence.
It’s a common practice in China. There is even such a saying “America has the rule of law, China has the rule of people”.
2. China has recently overtook the US as the world’s largest economy.
However it is only related to the purchasing power of the country.
3. 29% of San Francisco’s air pollution comes from China.
The country has serious smog and air pollution problems and shares them with the world.
4. China has more English speakers than the United States.
It’s rather disturbing and helps to realize what an enormous amount of people live in China!
5. A soup quite popular in China is made entirely out of eatable birds nests.
The delicacy is rather popular throughout Asia. Would you dare try it?
6. In China there is a website that lets you rent a girlfriend for as low as $31 for a week!
Already moving to China? Don’t hurry up that much, because…
7. … If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
Population growth is one of the scariest stuff about China.
8. Recently, there was a man in China who burned a hole through his stomach because he enjoyed a too hot and spicy soup.
Doctors were amazed to find a hole in his stomach wall. That guy was totally in love with notoriously spicy mala soup.
9. China is building MASSIVE cities just to keep builders busy and generate growth. The result are ghost metropolis.
Is the crash eventually inevitable?
10. A teenager in China once sold his kidney to buy an iPad.
What would happen with the boy if his new precious toy gets stolen soon after its purchase?
11. A man was sentenced to 12 years in prison for killing and eating the last Indochinese tiger in China.
He claimed that he could not specify the animal and killed it for self-defence.
12. Let this one be more pleasant. The beauty of Yangshuo, China, as seen from a hot air balloon.
This place is called to be one of the most beautiful on Earth.
13. China is said to suffer from the worst brain drain in the world: 7 out of 10 students who enroll overseas never move back to live in China.
The top country where they prefer to reside is the US.
14. Brad Pitt can never visit China, because of him acting the movie “Seven Years in Tibet.”
As well as actor David Thewlis and director of the movie Jean-Jacques Annaud.
15. The longest traffic jam in China was 10 days and 60 miles long.
Drivers moving from Beijing to Mongolia stuck for almost 11 days in August 2010.
16. By 2025, China will have 10 New York-sized cities.
Meanwhile the Chinese population will grow for additional 350 million people.
17. China owns all the giant pandas in the world, any panda outside of China is being leased.
Even those cubs being just born instantly belong to China.
18. In China, a man sued his wife for being ugly and won.
That woman had had a plastic surgery for $100,000 before she met her husband who later could not understand why their children appeared to be so ugly. On the picture above is the whole family.
19. In China, it is acceptable to walk into an IKEA store to relax and take a nap.
No other people of the world deserve rest as much as the Chinese ones!
20. Because China is one of the suicide capitals of the world, they employ body fishers – People who are hired to drag dead bodies out of rivers.
Probably a sufficient percent of those self-murderers are body fishers themselves…